Monday 4 January 2021

Once upon a time ...

 


Once upon a time there was a man. And a woman. I wanted to tell their story.

-*-

It's a new year and I wanted to do a new theme, and I really wanted to try The History Challenge. I usually don't do challenges, but I love history and I love sims, so how can I resist? I know I'm late to the party, because it's been done by many simmers and for a long time. But it is new to me! 😀 

I will for the most part follow the original setup by Cloudseeker continued by Snowie. I was also inspired by the detailed information at Through Time and Space and a couple of other blogs. But I decided that I wanted to do my own relaxed version, without scorecards and strict rules, but still with enough obstacles to make it feel like a real challenge. For me the most important thing is to enjoy the game without too much stress (There are so many stressful rules in our real lives at the moment, so it's nice to have a sanctuary, don't you think?)

I enjoy the stories that evolve from the game, the humour and ridiculousness, the resemblance with human life's ups and downs, the personalities, the realism and the imagination. I will share some pictures and stories from my game on my Simblr, and I will also share lots and sims and a few items of CC as I go along, like I usually do.

I also need to say a few words about historical accuracy: Basicly there is none.

I say this for two reasons. First of all, I'm not an expert. I don't want the historical details to kill my stories and be a straitjacket for my game play. For sure I will learn a lot about the different eras as I go along, but I also want to keep my sanity, so I will just have to accept that I will not be able to get it perfectly right. Secondly, The Sims was made for modern times and this is impossible to get passed. The community has some great modders and creators that make it appear somewhat more historically correct, but again, there are limitations. 

I would love it if you joined my journey through history, whether you want to read my stories, prefer to make your own or just want to download stuff. I hope you have fun and feel inspired, and if you use any of my creations, please respect my TOU. Enjoy!😀





Resources and information

Links to my stuff

 

Links to complete neighbourhoods and eras

Happy simming!

  💓 

No comments:

Post a Comment