Sunday 1 December 2019

The Fjordsund Theme

https://kyriatsims4.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-fjordsund-theme.html#more




I like to challenge myself in the Sims game, and I especially like history challenges. EA makes it hard sometimes, to forget about power lines, cars passing by your off-the-grid lot, and sims constantly checking their phones back in the 18th century. But apart from that, I love all the wonderful objects and clothes made by modders, and some even by EA team. They make me dream back to when life was much more uncomplicated. Or was it??

I definitively love our Nordic history, after all, I am born Norwegian! It is a country of striking beauty, with high mountains and deep fjords, insane weather and tough people. Hardworking fishermen and farmers, frostbite hunters, and their proud, independent women. Our people had it's share of real life challenges here in this rough and unforgiving corner of the world. I don't know how well all of this transfers to the sims game, but it will be fun trying!

So, if you want to try out the joys and challenges of Norwegian life in the 18-19th century (or with some small modifications adapt it to your own fabulous country and culture), this is you chance! I hope you will like it. As with my other project(s) I have no idea if it ever gets finished. I'm just having fun - no pressure - no schedule.

Please follow the blog if you want to be updated! 💓

Overview of the project so far

Here are all the posts

Happy simming
💕







The poem Nordland translated by Alf Lunder Knudsen

Oh, I know a land 
far up towards the north
with a bright shining shore

‘tween mountain and fjord.
There I gladly am guest, 
there my heart is attached
with the most delicate ties
Oh I remember, oh I remember,
so well this land.


No comments:

Post a Comment