Sunday 16 August 2020

New Nordic Architecture





Most buildings in Norway are traditional. But you can also find good examples of what is often labeled as New Nordic Architecture. It's a style based on the elements, the light and the material we have here in the Nordic countries, and it really pleases my eye (as does all quality architecture) with its clean lines and soft, natural colors. It's not easy to recreate in The Sims, because angles and shapes are often at odds with the usual, but I love challenges!

I'm not an architect, so on this theme I rely more than usual on existing buildings. If so, there will be a link to the original in the post. But from time to time I just make things up, like with the building on the theme photo above. (The Tree Top house - no CC)

Mostly I've placed my lots in my beloved Windenburg, but some were originally built elsewhere, and then moved to Windenburg, which is the base for this save. You can of course place them wherever you want.

Sometimes I will also use lots built for Fjordsund, remake them and put them in a contemporary setting. It's always nice to have some kind of connection to the past! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I will from time to time also post some of the inhabitants. I'm sure you can find more elaborate and interesting sims elsewhere, but I really enjoy making sims, especially with a background story, so why not share them? 

I hope you find some inspiration for your game with this theme, and you can more or less do what you want with my creations, but please read my TOU if you want to share with others.


Please follow this blog or my tumblr if you want to be updated! ๐Ÿ’“

Overview of the project so far

Here are all the posts

Happy simming
๐Ÿ’•







No comments:

Post a Comment